Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Portal of the True Presence



The Eucharist can be called "The Portal of the True Presence" because it is a real portal to heaven.  Receiving the Eucharist is a way we can somewhat understand the "Hypostatic Union" ie. the mystery of Jesus being God and man simultaneously.  That is to say, after receiving we have one foot in heaven and the other on the earth or to say the heavenly (Jesus' body and blood, His Spirit abiding in us) versus the earthly (bread and wine that we see).  This is why many of "the faithful" experience miracles or mystical events for several minutes after receiving Communion, like what I'm experiencing as I write this.  It's the divine side of Jesus inside of me that enables me to see this.  Also, it's the cell phone that I am writing this on, while still sitting on earth, in a pew in the church, that enables me to record this before I forget it.  I believe anyone can have similar experiences if they discover the importance of loving God and His church.  I've witnessed many people in His church who experience these things.  Beyond these simple "faith enhancers", we have the Eucharistic miracles that have occurred throughout history.  See Eucharistic Miracles of the World - International Vatican Exhibition
Ohhhh! the love of God!

Dominic of Chandler       www.allcath.com

No comments:

Post a Comment